Based in Pszczyna, Poland
01 28 2020
Box Kid Adventures is a dynamic, top-down puzzle game. You play as Box Kid – a toy made of cardboard – going through various levels, full of nasty enemies and brain challenging puzzles. Story - "In the age of electronics, the toy-robots became kids favourite playthings. However, young, ambitious designer, created a new toy. A Kid. A Box Kid! A toy made out of cardboard. A toy that should breathe life into the world of imagination. But company's CEO wasn't impressed by that idea and he threw Box Kid into the garbage chute... But was that the real reason? Unveil the truth, as you help Box Kid discover his destiny!"
With begining of July 2013, T-Rex Interactive decided to start working on commercial game. They wanted to create game based on simple mechanics. Quickly, they ventured into childhood memories and decided to work on top-down puzzle game. Sebastian proposed to use Box Kid theme, which he came up with few years back. After adapting the initial idea to new environment, Mirek created concept art of game's protagonist - Box Kid. With August, team begun proper work. Unfortunately, in September Sebastian could not spend enough time on the project, and after going back to University in October, he had to stop work on the game. Soon Mirek decided to take a break as well. Still, this time allowed team to reconsider some ideas and breath new life into the game, taking more cartoony and HD approach. April 2014, T-Rex Interactive went back to working on the game with full force.
- Experience simple but deep gameplay, that really captures the spirit of the 8-bit era.
- Enjoy beautiful, cartoon graphics in Hi-Definition.
- Go through 75 various levels, full of nasty enemies and brain challenging puzzles.
- Create and share your own levels, with the built-in level editor.
- Earn keys to unlock new characters and levels.
- Discover the destiny of a cute cardboard hero.
Box Kid Adventures | Release Date Trailer | PC YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "9/10 I have enjoyed playing this game so much that I just want to keep going level to level."
- Chris Bowman, https://www.gamespace.com
- "It’s a good-looking game, and if you’re a fan of puzzles games, it’s well worth a try."
- Kim Snaith, https://www.gamespew.com/
- "4/5 Are you looking for something a bit more casual to pass the time but don't want something too easy? Then look no further than T-Rex Interactive's Box Kid Adventures."
- Richard Horton, https://www.darkstation.com
- "T-Rex Interactive przygotował dla miłośników gier logicznych kawał porządnego, miłego dla oka, wymagającego, acz nie za trudnego szpila!"
- LukegaX, http://www.retronagazie.eu
- "Titles made with the assumption of being simple, yet fun and demanding disappeared for years from the market. Now they are in raise again, and there is another game in making that proves such solutions are still viable - check out Box Kid Adventures."
- Rafał Basaj, http://indiegamespolska.com
- "Box Kid Adventures looks to be a fun for all the family type of game and will feature simple but deep gameplay that really captures the spirit of the 8 bit era."
- , http://www.indieretronews.com
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Official page for Box Kid Adventures on facebook.com.
Official page for Box Kid Adventures on indiedb.com.
About T-Rex Interactive
T-Rex Interactive is a small indie game development studio, from Pszczyna, Poland. Right now, our studio consists of two people - brothers who founded T-Rex Interactive - Mirosław and Sebastian Wiśniowski.
More information on T-Rex Interactive, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Box Kid Adventures Credits
Co-founder, Artist, Game Designer
Co-founder, Programmer, Game Designer